Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Best Class Ever


We weren't sure about me being Cal's teacher this year. It could have easily been a nightmare. We set up all these rules to prevent us from embarrassing each other. The main one was that once our ID's were on, we were just teacher and student. When the ID's came off in the afternoon, then we were just mother and son. Here's us on the first day of school.


Of course it had to be 4th period, the longest period of the day by 15 minutes. Luckily, the class was incredible. He was pleasantly surprised that I'm not as mean at school as I am at home, and that the class was kind of interesting. I was pleasantly surprised that he behaves better at school than he does at home, and he is a smart, inspiring student and a great leader in his class.

Here's one of the assignments he really got into. They were telling the class a folktale from their heritage. I tried to warn him to choose a different Czechoslovakian folktale, since his had a fairy princess for a main character, but he wanted to stick with it, so here he is telling the story to the class. My little fairy princess! :)

His best friends come from this class. I enjoyed them so much every day. There was only one day when I embarassed him. They were all hyper and wouldn't settle down, and we had something we had to get done that day, so I had to get mean and give some consequences. After school he told me I had been mean to them and he didn't like it. But it was only that one day out of the whole year, which tells what a great class they were. We took these pictures on the last day.



Best class ever!

No comments: