Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lexie



I think the post date here is December 12, but I'm writing about when Lexie was born on August 3. We got Shellie my favorite raspberry orange muffin from Starbucks and drove to Frisco. Shellie really like her doctor, and was willing to continually make the drive so she could have Lexie here. Everything went well, and here she is with the kids.

She is beautiful and sweet and yummy. My favorite thing about her is how she sticks her leg straight up in the air when you unwrap her. I think the reason she does it is because when they were bathing her, they scrubbed a little hard in between her toes and scraped some skin off. It's like she's trying to keep her foot safe from everyone. I'm thinking I'm finally getting a fellow yogini in the family. :) When we saw her 3 months later she was still doing it. Yay! I love it!

Shellie had her first experience with claustrophobia. Apparently she woke up ripping everything off her. She just had to be free. The nurses were telling her it was too soon and she had to leave it all in, but they could tell they better not interfere if they wanted to keep all their appendages. I totally empathized with her - I've been there way too many times.

She was great in the morning when we got there. I admire her calm, joyful, humorous energy. Being around her reminds me to not only slow down and enjoy the moment - but also to laugh with it too.

Aferward the kids and I ate lunch at Chili's. Another great summer day!

No comments: